Evolution of Dispossession

Evolution of Dispossession
How to Steal a Country?

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

YAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The daughter of my my stepfather works for the UN and the EU on issues that pertain to Palestine, like overseeing elections, and when my stepfather visited her in Jerusalem last summer, they traveled to Hebron. He told me how these squatters would throw feces and trash on Palestinians who came outside in the streets in the market mentioned in the linked article. There were some 4,000 IDF soldiers there to protect some 400-500 squatters. There is a huge net that overhangs the street meant to protect the peope below.

All I can say is that this is what must be done on the Israeli side, and I am pleased that the Israelis are doing this. But for it not to be considered tokenism, they need to do it more in the West Bank.

No comments: